For Easter Mass times, please see our Holy Week Schedule on the main page.
|Our Masses are now being live streamed on YouTube!
Please visit bit.ly/BeyondthePew to view our latest videos and watch Mass live.
If you are searching for our channel on a YouTube app (on a smart TV, Chromecast, Firestick, etc.), search for “St. Matthew Virtual Ministry” to find our channel
Mass is now able to be offered publicly inside the Church with certain guidelines and precautions.
WARNING ABOUT RISK ASSUMED BY PARISHIONERS: While our parish staff will attempt to take appropriate precautions consistent with the advice of public health authorities, parishioners and guests should understand that they assume the risk of contracting COVID-19 anytime they enter a public space since such precautions do not eliminate the risk of infection.
Guidelines for attending Mass in person
- Seating is limited to approximately 25% capacity
- There is no reservation system and saving seats is not permitted; seating is first come, first served, so please plan to arrive early (families that arrive separately will sit separately)
- There is no entrance from the side of the church; please enter the main doors and observe the six feet social distancing (this means you may have to wait in your car or the parking lot for a few moments)
- Ushers will be on hand to help direct you
- People will be seated at the ends of the pews — family units may sit together, but must maintain six feet distance from the other end of the pew
- There will be no missalettes or worship aids provided; there will be no congregational singing except at the 9:30 am Mass
- Remove your mask right before receiving Communion and put on right after receiving
- The priest will not greet parishioners after Mass and there is no congregating in the building or parking lot
- The church will be sanitized after every Mass
- Per local health and diocesan guidelines, ANYONE ENTERING THE PARISH CENTER OR CHURCH MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING during Mass or any event. As an act of charity to protect our priests, religious, and parishioners, DO NOT COME IF YOU ARE ILL.
Public Mass Schedule (Doors open 30 minutes before Mass)
Monday–Saturday: 7:00 am [inside the Church]
Saturday Evening Vigil: 4:00 pm & 5:30 pm [inside the Church]
Sunday: **7:30 am @ St. Boniface**, 8:00 am [outside in the parking lot; tune in to 89.1 FM], 9:30 am & 5:30 pm [inside the Church]
Streaming Mass Schedule (YouTube Live Stream)
Monday–Saturday: 7:00 am
Saturday Evening Vigil: 5:30 pm
Sunday: 9:30 am
We are now able to offer Confessions inside the building.
Confessions will take place inside the Parish Center. Please enter through the double doors off the circle drive and an usher will direct you on where to go. Confessions will be offered outside the Parish Center via “drive-up” for vulnerable adults and those who are not comfortable entering the building.
Fridays: 8:15–8:45 am (“drive-through” Confessions in the parking lot)
Saturdays: 2:00–3:45 pm (inside the Church)
To prepare for the sacrament, a good Examination of Conscience is helpful to begin to ask ourselves the right questions for where we have failed and where we can improve. Here are the examinations from the Diocese of Peoria:
Holy Day Mass Schedule
Refer to the bulletin for specific holy days.
Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration
Our perpetual adoration chapel is now open again! There are some different guidelines in place in light if the ongoing pandemic. Here are some things to note regarding the reopening:
- The maximum number of adorers allowed in the chapel at one time is four (4)
- The main Church will remain available for personal prayer during the normal posted hours
- Doors will be keycard access only — even daytime adorers need a keycard
- Adorers need to sign up for their holy hour at stmatt.weadorehim.com
- If you do not sign up ahead of time, please be sure to sign in as a guest once you arrive at the Adoration Chapel. This will ensure that anyone who may wish to visit can go online and see whether or not the Adoration Chapel is currently full and plan accordingly.
- Every individual adorer needs an account with We Adore Him
If you need assistance creating a We Adore Him account or obtaining a keycard, please contact Joe Taylor at the parish office or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.