Helping Families Grow in Faith
Welcome to the new Catholic Family Life (CCD) program at St. Matthew! After a year of many changes, we are continuing to adapt and improve our program to serve our parish in the best way possible.
Catholic Family Life (CCD) at St. Matthew will have two components:
- An online program (for grades 1-8) (through myCatholicFaithDelivered.com [you will receive a link from the parish with registration info and other instructions; please do not register with the site on your own])
- A once a month family Mass and meeting, known as Discipleship & Donuts (for families of grades 1-8 and all parish families!)
All "CCD" families will need to attend the Catholic Family Life 8am Mass followed by Discipleship and Donuts occurring the first Sunday of every month (with the exception of the first one which is on September 12 to avoid Labor Day).
Please register if your children are between grades 1 and 8 (or 9 if you missed Confirmation last year).
Registration link: https://www.osvhub.com/stmatt/religious-ed/cfl-ccd-21-22/
The fee is $40 each for the 1st and 2nd student and $25 for each additional student per family. This fee can be paid online via credit card, or sent in to the parish office.
Secure online payment link through Swipe Simple:
If you have three or more students in our program, please send your fee to the parish office, or call the office to pay by credit card. If you require financial assistance, please contact the parish office to complete a Scholarship Form.
If you are only attending Catholic Family Life Sunday Mass and Discipleship and Donuts (meaning school families, homeschooling families and families with children before 1st grade or after 8th) you do not need to register and you will sign in at Discipleship and Donuts.
Preparation for First Communion is a 2 year program, typically 1st and 2nd grade. If your child has yet not completed the First Year, sign up for the First Year, even if they are in 2nd grade. If they completed the First Year, either in 20-21 or 19-20, they can sign up for Second Year.
If your child is in 3rd grade or above and has not completed the First Year, sign up for their current grade level and contact Susan Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information. First Years will be completing lessons online through myCatholicFaithDelivered.com.
The Second Year First Communion class will have in person meetings on every Sunday after the 8am Mass (from about 9-10am). The first class will be on September 19th. Second Years will have an additional Photo/Retreat fee that will be collected later.
Preparation for Confirmation is a 2 year program, typically 7th and 8th grade. If your child has yet not completed the First Year, sign up for the First Year, even if they are in 8th grade. If they completed the First Year, either in 20-21 or 19-20, they can sign up for Second Year.
If your child is in 9th grade or above and has not completed the First Year, contact Susan Taylor (email@example.com) for further information.
Both First and Second Year students will have in-person meetings on various Wednesday evenings from 6-7pm.
- First Year students meet in person for the first time on September 1st. [Calendar - 1st Yr Confirmation 2021-22 (updated)]
- Second Year students meet in person for the first time on September 8th. [Calendar - 2nd Yr Confirmation 2021-22 (updated)]
Second Years will have an additional Photo/Retreat fee that will be collected later.
Handbooks & Forms
Every family needs to sign the Handbook Acknowledgement form (#1). Only parents of in-person children (2nd Year First Communion, 1st Year Confirmation, and 2nd Year Confirmation) need to complete and return # 2 and #3.
- CDOP Catholic Faith Formation Handbook 2021-22
- Please Sign and return Page 18 (the Handbook Acknowledgement) to the Parish Office
- Catholic Family Life (CCD) In-Person Permission Form 2021-22
- 21-22 Parish Youth Participant COVID waiver
If you have any questions, please contact Susan Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.