Totus Tuus 2017
Our annual youth summer program—Totus Tuus— will take place on June 25 – 30, 2017.
It is open to all students entering into 1st through 12th grades in the Fall of 2017. There are two tracks:
- The Day Program (9:00 am–2:30 pm) for those entering Grades 1–6 (See Totus Tuus Parent Info Letter [Day Program] for important information.)
- The Evening Program (7:00 pm–9:00 pm) for those entering Grades 7–12 (See Totus Tuus Parent Info Letter [Evening Program] for important information.)
The younger kids will enjoys skits, games, prayer, daily Mass, and the always popular human sundae!
The older kids will enjoy games (like marshmallow dodge ball and shaving cream baseball), thought-provoking talks, opportunities to have their questions answered, and snacks galore! And, of course, the Thursday evening pizza party!
The cost is $25 per child for the Day Program and $15 per child for the Evening Program with a maximum fee of $45 per family.
Please note that children will need to bring a bag lunch each day for the Day Program. In addition, we ask that each child bring a snack to share for the week (e.g. crackers, cookies, pretzels).
To register, please print and complete the Participant Registration Form and return it to the St. Matthew parish office, attn: Totus Tuus. Forms are also available in the back of Church or in the parish and school offices.
In order to make Totus Tuus a memorable and positive experience for all the youth of our parish, we need your help! Please prayerfully consider how God may be calling you to help make the week a success.
Help during the day
We need both adults and teens to help during the Day Program. There is a need for members of our Kitchen Crew to help with lunch and snack time. We also need plenty of Classroom Helpers to assist the Totus Tuus team with classroom activities and keeping a watchful eye on the children.
If you can help out this way, please complete the Adult Volunteer Registration Form or the Youth Volunteer Registration Form. All of the teen youth volunteers also need to complete the Code of Conduct for Youth Volunteers. All forms should be submitted to the St. Matthew parish office, attn: Joe Taylor. Copies of these forms are also available in the parish office.
NOTE: The Diocese of Peoria requires that teens who volunteer during the day for service hours must also attend the evening sessions.
Help behind the scenes
We also need help housing and feeding the Totus Tuus team throughout the week. The team members are young adults from around the Diocese of Peoria (including our seminarians) who are volunteering their summer to put on the Totus Tuus program throughout the diocese. We need people from our parish to:
- Provide a place to sleep from Saturday evening (June 24th) through Friday morning (June 30th) for two team members (either two men or two women).
- Provide lunch or dinner for one or both Totus Tuus team(s) on any of the days that the team is in town. (One team consists of four members.)
- Provide a snack for snack time.